Here’s a few of my favorite homes with huge chalkboard or chalkboard walls.
I’ve searched all over my house for a wall that I could turn into a chalkboard. I’ve yet to find one and I’m not sure I’m brave enough to do it! Until then I’ll have to be content with my little chalkboards around the house.
My favorite is the one in my entry. It was a gift from my sweet friend, Janell.
I also love little chalkboard tucked into spaces.
Almost every party I throw has a chalkboard somewhere mixed in the decorations.
Since I love chalkboards so much I thought I’d share my favorite chalkboard writing tips!
1. If you don’t love the chalkboard surface or if it’s old, paint it. A can of chalkboard paint goes a long way!
2. Once you’ve repainted it, make sure it’s seasoned. To season it, rub the entire board with the side of chalk. Erase when finished. Now it’s seasoned and you are ready to decorate it.
3. Before you write on the chalkboard, wipe the chalkboard down with a damp towel, not a paper towel. Keep the towel close by. You will want to write on a damp board.
4. Dip your chalk in a cup of water. Write as normal. It will go on very light and you will probably wonder if I’m crazy…but once it dries, it will look amazing.
5. Use a damp Q-tips to clean up any mess.
6. My favorite chalk is Crayola brand chalk.
7. You can sharpen your chalk with a little pencil sharpener or use a craft knife to sharpen it.
Do you use chalkboards around the house? What’s your favorite tip?