Another round of Whole 30 is going on at my house. Have I mentioned that I love it? My body loves it. I’ve learned to embrace eating what works with my body. Grains and sugar don’t work. My body swells….and lots of other things happen with my body that I will spare you the details. If you are eating clean, make sure you stick with it for 30 days so you know how your body feels. It takes 2 weeks for grains to leave your body.
Towards the end of last year, I rarely cooked, which caused us to eat out way too often. I was burned out on eating clean and cooking. Well, since I need to eat this way, I knew I needed to make some changes.
Here are a few things I did to find my love of cooking clean again:
1. I’ve made sure my fridge is stocked with lots of veggies, eggs, and meats. I add a variety of veggies each week instead of the same ones, which can get boring. Try new vegetables like turnips, brussel sprouts, asparagus, eggplant, kale and cauliflower.
2. I make sure I have things in my pantry so I can bake if I want to and also if I need to throw a quick meal together. I make sure I’m stocked with chicken stock, coconut flour, almond flour, canned tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, coconut creme, and coconut milk. Also, try new spices.
3. I plan ahead with my menus to give me time to go to the grocery store.
4. I add 1-2 new recipes each week and also try new vegetables.
5. I have a group of friends who share ideas and hold each other accountable. I love my plexus team!!
6. Soups!!! I’ve loved making soups this winter. I was never a soup person growing up, but I’ve loved learning to make new soups and stews.
Okay, now for my weekly menu. Guys, it’s FREEEZING here in North Texas. I was telling Mark today how blessed we are to have a warm home and a fridge and pantry full of food. I don’t think I will ever take it for granted.
My Weekly Menu
Monday: Paleo Beef and Sweet Potato Stew (This is Tristyn’s favorite!) and paleo biscuits
Tuesday: Lemon and Rosemary Roasted Chicken, mashed cauliflower, asparagus
Thursday: Chicken Soup, Rosemary Bread sticks
Friday: Pecan crusted chicken, roasted Brussel sprouts with bacon, salad
Sunday: Slow Cooker Roast Chicken and Gravy, mashed cauliflower, steamed spinach
Enter your email address: