As soon as the weather cools off to 80 degrees here in Texas, I’m ready to start making soups and stews. 🙂 Our favorite is Paleo Chicken Stew, but I wanted to try something different. This Beef and Sweet Potato Stew is very hardy. My husband told me it even filled him up!
- 2-3 pounds of beef stew meat
- Steak seasoning
- ½ cup almond flour
- beef stock
- ½ – ¾ cup red wine (I use it if I have it, but good beef stock will do)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery, diced
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (you can use butternut squash, if you prefer)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp Herbes De Provence seasoning (found at Whole Foods)
- 1 can coconut cream (or coconut milk)
- Sprinkle the meat with steak seasoning and salt, then dredge it in almond flour. In a very hot dutch oven with a generous amount of oil, brown the meat on all sides. Once browned, remove meat from pan. Add ½-3/4 cup of red wine and scrap the pan with any browned bits from the meat. Add the meat back to the pan. Add enough stock to cover the meat. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Meanwhile, chopped the vegetables. In a skillet heat up 1 TBSP olive oil. Add onions, carrots, sweet potatoes and celery to the pan. Saute until onions become transparent. Sprinkle with Herbes De Provence. Set aside.
- When the meat is ready, add the vegetables to pot. Cover with remaining beef broth.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Right before you are ready to serve, add can of coconut cream.
Your house will smell amazing and your family will LOVE this stew! enjoy!!
Enter your email address: