I made these chicken tacos last night and they were delicious. The only problem was I didn’t double the recipe.
Most of the time when I’m creating my own dish, I do not measure out the spices. When I write it down for the blog, I’m estimating what I used. Don’t be afraid to add what you think will be good!
When making paleo tacos, I love using butter lettuce but any lettuce will do. If you aren’t paleo or on the Whole 30, you can even eat it on taco shells. Add as many toppings as you like. I only had tomatoes on hand, but throw on a few slices of avocado!!
- 6 chicken thighs, cut up into bite-sized pieces
- 1 purple onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- butter lettuce leaves
- chopped tomatoes
- Add onion, pepper and chicken to pan.
- Saute until onions and peppers are caramelized and chicken is no longer pink & cooked through.
- While the meat is sauteing, add the spices.
- Stir well.
- Spoon chicken mixture on top of a slice of butter lettuce.
- Top with tomatoes and salsa.
- If you add the crushed red pepper at the beginning of sauteing the meat, the meat will be spicy throughout. If you want "pops" of spicy, add it at the end.
Enter your email address: